being malaysian
MALAYSIAN EXCUSES
So, which is yours?
NATIONAL EXCUSE FOR HAIR LOSS:
Ajinomoto
NATIONAL INSTANT FOOD :
Maggi Mee.
NATIONAL BREAKFAST :
Nasi Lemak
NATIONAL LUNCH :
Nasi Ayam
NATIONAL SUPPER :
Roti Canai & Teh Tarik
NATIONAL EXCUSE FOR BEING LATE:
Traffic Jam.
NATIONAL FAKE ILLNESS FOR GETTING MC (MEN):
Food Poisoning.
NATIONAL FAKE ILLNESS FOR GETTING MC (WOMEN):
Menstrual Pain
NATIONAL CURE FOR DIARRHOEA :Cap Kaki Tiga. Down one bottle with warm water and you are all 'dried up'.
NATIONAL CURE FOR HEADACHES:
Panadol. The 'cure for all'. If it fails we have another secret weapon : Tiger Balm.
NATIONAL CURE FOR NAUSEA :
Moh Fah Kor.
NATIONAL CURE FOR DIZZINESS:
Minyak Angin Cap Kapak.
NATIONAL WATCH :
Petaling Street 'boutique' watch
NATIONAL WATCH FOR YUPPIES :
Petaling Street 'boutique' Rolex
NATIONAL RICE COOKER :
'NATIONAL' Rice Cooker
NATIONAL RUBBISH DUMP:
Anywhere. As long as it is not your house.
NATIONAL MOST MIS-PRONOUNCED NAME:
Carrefour. Sometimes even pronounced as Carry 4!
On second thoughts, why bother pronouncing those French brands
like Peugeot, Renault or Citroen correctly.
I think it sounds better,when the local mechanics say 'Pew Jeot'.
When I was in school, Milo was always 'Mee Lo', now that I'm sophisticated, I say 'My Lo'.
So don't be embarassed saying 'Carry 4' when the Mat Sallehs shamelessly pronounce orang utan as 'rangutan'.



1 comment:
haha.. it is so true aye!
Post a Comment