for me to live is Christ

i'm reading The Heavenly Man which Gloria lent me at lifegroup today. yay! finally some reading material (i've exhausted my reading supplies and of late, have resorted to rereading david copperfield again).
so, about THM:
it's quite a well-known book, so i was kinda interested to read it. that and it's written in a storytelling style. so easy read. but boy, did this book really make me think and reflect.
so, basically, it's based on the true story of how this man, Brother Yun was used by God to preach the gospel amidst prosecution from atheist lead communist china. a more expanded synopsis of the book here. there are just so many things from his narrative that inspired and encouraged me, 3 things really stood out (so far that is).
1. that no matter how or what you suffer... God KNOWS. He knows everything and He will come at the right time to save and sooth. that part of the book just moved me to near tears and i could say a million words about it, but you can listen to what Yun has to say about it here.
2. if someone were to threaten to do horrible despicable things to me if i were to not deny Christ, could i do it? i know by my own strength, i cannot. but i know, if or when the time comes, i will not be doing this alone. My strength is from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. persecution seems so foreign and far away from us living our cushy lives, but it is very real.
3. God can survive without me. His plans will still be carried out without me. so why do i think i'm that important? truly, He must increase and i must decrease.
so, yeah... it's a very gripping book. and i believe we all need a jolt once in awhile out of our happy complacent lives. what if the end times come this very second? are we ready for it? now let me get back to finishing the book.



3 comments:
Youth Alive - To Live is Christ Album: Elevate (2001)
I make a vow
My life will always honour Christ
Whether I live or die
I belong to Him
He bore my sin
I owe this life to my saving King
Hallelujah, I am not my own
You are in control
Hallelujah
For me to live is Christ
And to die is gain
No matter what price i pay
I choose to give this life away
Only by the cross I am saved
great song! :D
Yeah..i really love this song but cant sing! sad!
Post a Comment